Sunday, October 12, 2008

Poop Gas

I have said it so many times over the last 7 years of teaching. "I wish I would have written down all of the funny things my kids say. I could write a best selling book." Well, I am finding the same scenario unfolding as I raise a child!

On Saturday night, we were all doing our own thing. Chris was flipping between several college football games; laughing out loud at many of the upsets that were taking place (especially since none of them involved the Tide getting crushed). I was working on getting this whole blog site tweaked while Lauren was watching a movie in our bedroom. She was being so good and especially quiet. After a while of total silence, I whispered into the room, "Lauren, are you okay?" Her reply had me in stitches. "Mommy, I'm fine. I'm just pooping gas." I then had her tell me again what she had said. Her exact response was, "Mommy, I'm pooping gas". This time she said it with that leave me alone, I'm busy kind of tone. This cracked me up!! I realize it is probably one of those you had to be there moments. Yet, for the mother of a young tot, it was hilarious.

This all brings me to a genuine point. Kids are so literal; however, they are also unbelievably clever. I guess I've never thought of "gas" as being something we "poop". Lauren on the otherhand made that connection. She got an easy laugh out of Mom and had my wheels turning in regard to the way children think. Hmmm....if I could see inside their heads..what would I find?


I guess I should have warned you ahead of time. This post is not the most intellectual or thought provoking of reading material out there. On the otherhand, it is just a reminder to laugh at the little things in life...and get a chuckle out of silly things like gas and poop.

1 comment:

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

You've been tagged..check my blog out